GendersInX.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Encouraging Support for People with Gender Variations
All points of view, if presented in a civil manner, are welcome.

To all PresentHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Klinefelter's Awareness week

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andre

Andre

Klinefelter's Awareness week Empty
PostKlinefelter's Awareness week

In association with XXYTalk.com, a blog has been set up for Klinefelter's awareness week starting the third week of March of any given year. It is important that we all make people aware of Klinefelter's not just for the purpose of the general public and of the Medical Profession, but mostly for those who have just dicovered that they have or suspect to have Klinefelter's Syndrome.

Our mission is to deliver awareness of Klinefelter Syndrome (XXY) and the education of those who could have it, the families in their lives as well as the medical community about the prevalence of it, the importance of early detection, available treatment options and other health issues.

www.KlinefelterSyndromeAware.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.xxytalk.com
Share this post on: reddit

Klinefelter's Awareness week :: Comments

Re: Klinefelter's Awareness week
Post Sun 20 Jun 2010, 9:09 pm by OZc
If all we ever do year in year out, is a copy and paste,I really can't see the point of it all.Tell me,what is GendersinX doing to promote this special day,which someone,somewhere has now turned in to a week of awareness or,ought I say, a week of trying to figure out what all the fuss is about.
Doug
Post Tue 18 Mar 2014, 2:55 pm by Doug
I think this is an epic fail.

I did a search on "Klinefelter Awareness Week" and got 6 results...adding an "apostrophe s" to klinefelter added one more item.

The latest update to any site mentioning Klinefelter Awareness Week is 2012...and all sites deal with XXY as their primary topic. I haven't seen anything on any media sites.

It's time to rethink this folly.
Andre
Post Tue 18 Mar 2014, 9:39 pm by Andre
What would you suggest ?
Doug
Post Wed 19 Mar 2014, 10:29 am by Doug
Andre wrote:
What would you suggest ?

Awareness is the state or ability to perceive, to feel, or to be conscious of events, objects, or sensory patterns. It is the state or condition of being aware; having knowledge; consciousness: 

Not being a member of XXYTALK or any social media sites, I am unaware of any campaign to increase knowledge of Klinefelter Syndrome.

XXYTALK showed in the results of my search, but no updates on the subject since 2010. The blog (XXYAWARE) set up specifically for this has not been updated since 2012.

In order to for me to construct practical suggestions to the movement, I’ll need to know what current and future projects are underway. Otherwise, my suggestions will be of little use. For instance, is anyone on the supporting sites in contact with NICHD which has a campaign every March for Trisomy Awareness?

From the NICHD site… During Trisomy Awareness Month in March, the NICHD joins other agencies and organizations in raising awareness about trisomy conditions and the challenges they may pose to individuals and families. Research on these conditions—from their origins, to their mechanisms, to their treatments—plays an important role in the lives of these individuals and families.
Post  by Sponsored content

Klinefelter's Awareness week

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GendersInX.org ::  GendersInX Broadcast ::  A message to all present.-
Jump to: