GendersInX.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Encouraging Support for People with Gender Variations
All points of view, if presented in a civil manner, are welcome.

To all PresentHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chris's Blog

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrisJ

ChrisJ

Chris's Blog Empty
PostSubject: Chris's Blog   Chris's Blog Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 7:53 pm

I just did a blog on my "fun" experiences with T. What the heck, I'm finding more negatives about it now than I ever knew previously. I believe finding things out on your own can be a greater benefit than waiting for answers from a doctor who may not know. Though finding out on your own can also be grueling at times.

http://xxylife.blogspot.com/

Chris
Back to top Go down
Andre

Andre

Chris's Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris's Blog   Chris's Blog Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 8:02 pm

Cool, guess it's my turn to get some tea and read it.

Of all the peoplr I know, none has had a worst time with T as you did/do. I have my troubles as well but I had a longer time to figure it out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xxytalk.com
ChrisJ

ChrisJ

Chris's Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris's Blog   Chris's Blog Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 10:00 pm

I agree.
I haven't met anyone in any XXY forums who have had the same difficulties. That's why its been so difficult finding answers. Sometimes I wonder if some of us could be allergic to it, since it isn't real. Could be possible.

Some of us don't need it either, or it was never meant to be. Doctors seem to laugh a lot at this reasoning, however.

We'll see....

Chris
Back to top Go down
krishnabhakta

krishnabhakta

Chris's Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris's Blog   Chris's Blog Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 6:01 pm

Another thing to consider is all of the additives pumped in along with the T... I have a harder time believing that something meant to be created within most people's bodies is more dangerous than the preservatives and other oddities that might be included. I think I once read at XXYTalk that sesame oil was an additive to injected testosterone... how can that be good for injecting straight into a muscle or bloodstream? let alone the other chemicals possible....

Did any of these doctors monitor your T levels?!? That looks like the real culprit in your blog... too much testosterone.

Anyway, just some thoughts to check into. Good luck, Chris.

GR

Last edited by krishnabhakta on Tue 05 May 2009, 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional thoughts)
Back to top Go down
ChrisJ

ChrisJ

Chris's Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris's Blog   Chris's Blog Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 7:13 pm

Thanks!

I agree in the "mixture" they create T with. First of all, the injectable T itself is some white powdered synthetic stuff. Then its either added to sesame oil or cottonseed oil.
The gel is a derivitive of soy and also contains DHT. And lets not forget that 67% of alcohol which some gets absorbed as well. The patch, is much like the gel, but what a nasty allergy some can get from it.

In the beginning, the first two doctors never believed in blood testing. That was very dangerous and led to quite a bit of issues and dangerous side effects. I kept complaining about it to them, but they kept telling me it was ok. One even suggested I see a shrink because of my issue with it. Can you imagine that??? What the heck is a shrink going to do.....talk it out of me? LOL!

The worst thing to do to any XXY is starting them on the very high doses. Some doctors think they can hide that other X with more T. Actually, I'm beginning to believe that the amount of T they give any XXY is too much because I don't believe an XXY's T level should be up there like an XY. The problem is there are no medical people who want to listen to this.

And the doses the pharmaceutical companies make are too high, in my opinion. A little goes a long way in most. Its meant to be a supplement, not rocket fuel....

Chris
Back to top Go down
TomMsG

TomMsG

Chris's Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris's Blog   Chris's Blog Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2009, 1:45 am

We really like your essay Chris and we'd like your permission to give the link to our Doc. in Friday Harbor.

As to too high a dose - believe it. What do we need testosterone for? To make Sperm (ha, ha,) - to become Rambos? By the sound of it each xxy is a different array of gene effects. Doesn't Sophie say that the genes are "polygenic" in that they can have synergistic effects that will vary from person to person.

It's crazy that the definitives for KS are breasts, small testes, legs and arms the same length, and diminished IQ/with language difficulties and tallness. None of these attributes have much , if anything to do with our endocrine systems or how we get along. We're also prone to outbursts of rage and crying, may be very sensitive, and all the rest of the possibilities that children are prone to. For behaving like other children with xxy they give us and them massive doses of Testosterone? Who the duck is crazy here?

80% of KS are undiagnosed - period. So the Testosterone therapy is applied only to the 20% that are diagnosed. We bet that even with increased hunt and seeking in teaching hospitals no more than 25% are diagnosed even today.

Love you guys, Tom/Ms.G
Back to top Go down
http://we forget...
ChrisJ

ChrisJ

Chris's Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris's Blog   Chris's Blog Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2009, 10:14 pm

Quote :
We really like your essay Chris and we'd like your permission to give the link to our Doc. in Friday Harbor.

Certainly do!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chris's Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris's Blog   Chris's Blog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris's Blog
Page 1 of 1