GendersInX.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Encouraging Support for People with Gender Variations
All points of view, if presented in a civil manner, are welcome.

To all PresentHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

California rules on Prop8

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jim

California rules on Prop8 Empty
PostCalifornia rules on Prop8

California rules on Prop8 EmptySubject: Tomorrow 3/5 Prop 8 is challenged for good California rules on Prop8 Icon_minitimeToday at 1:50 amCalifornia rules on Prop8 Icon_post_quote_en California rules on Prop8 Icon_post_edit_en California rules on Prop8 Topic_delete2 California rules on Prop8 Default12 California rules on Prop8 Default11

As you know the state of CA voted to allow same sex couples the right to marry and that right was recinded on the night President Obama was elected president. On 3/5/09 the CA Supreme Court will decide whether mob rule can legally remove a civil right granted a minority in the State of CA. This decision will set a far reaching precident that will affect ALL minorities everywhere in the U.S.A. This is of particular interest to intersexed people whose birth certificate sex doesn't match the sex they were ultimately assigned and can't get changed to match. It is of interest to intersexed people who are partnered to members of their legal sex. Although I was able to marry a woman in 1981 because I didn't need a birth certificate back then I do now to get married. Despite the fact that my birth certificate sex is female NYS has told me I can't marry my male partner because my whole life has been lived as a male, but I also couldn't marry a woman anymore because my birth certificate places me as female. In other words I can't marry anybody anymore in NY. As the sex of couples becomes irrelevant to whether or not they can marry it makes it easier for those of us who aren't exactly male or female to marry. Tomorrow is an important day for us all.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

California rules on Prop8 :: Comments

Andre
Re: California rules on Prop8
Post Thu 05 Mar 2009, 12:00 pm by Andre
My thoughts will be with you, supporting you, Jim.

Let us know how it went, we would be most interested.
Kimberly83
Post Sat 07 Mar 2009, 2:22 pm by Kimberly83
Wow, please do keep us udpated. This indeed affects us all...
Post Sat 07 Mar 2009, 5:50 pm by Gina
the MP3 of this is at

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/courts/supreme/highprofile/prop8.htm
Post  by Sponsored content

California rules on Prop8

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GendersInX.org ::  GendersInX Broadcast ::  Special Mention-
Jump to: